Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Break Oh Eleven!

It began with some early morning belated birthday gift opening on Saturday. After the four-weeks-and-three-days-on-a-boat-shipping debacle of Lily's birthday package, I decided it was easier and faster to hand deliver!

Book!

Where the Wild Things Are, Dutch Style:

Hello Kitty nightgown/dresses and wooden clogs - what all the kids are wearing these days. 

Then it was time for a litte roadtrip to Charlotte:


Cause Schmeegy got married!!! 
(Does that mean I have to start calling her Mrs. Schmeegy?!)



The ladies of Beverly Woods:

Kelly was my chauffer/date:

We only miss each other a little bit:

Who wouldn't want to marry this gorgeous girl?!

Did I mention that the Rochester O'Brien's were in town too? 
Nothing says Keen Family Fun like the pancake house!


There were a few minutes to relax on the porch. 
I caught up on People, Rory caught up on The Great Gatsby.

Smitherman is so cool she doesn't need sunglasses:

And no visit to Charlotte would be complete without a trip to the Hickory Tavern. 

Where there was a balloon artist. Who made Smithers a Luigi.

 A match made in heaven!

Love triangle:

I love you more! No, I love you more!

On the way back to Raleigh, we made our traditional spring break pilgrimage to Chapel Hill (or Chapa Hiiiiii as Rory called it):


I think this series of Kelly trying to get a group shot is kind of hilarious :)



Can you tell we're related?

Best friends:

Rory trying to lick syrup off of her elbow at Breadman's.
(I've taught her everything she knows!)

LUCY!!!

Rory Hobbs, Dog Whisperer:

Lily Hobbs, Professional Downhill Runner:


We had a play date at my favorite park with Ashley and Graham (aka Hammy, aka Graham Cracker):


Followed by some snuggly silliness at lunch:



There were Webster O'Brien's in Raleigh:


Traditional spring break blue moons on a patio:



Silly faces:

And more snuggles!

Waiting in line at the second Apple store that didn't have iPads:

How did this trip go by so quickly?!
(True love is wedging your large self in the middle of 2 car seats so you can spend as much time as possible with your nieces!)



Why are we smiling, I HATE this part! 
(But love this picture!)

Hobbs girls (and boy), Spring Break Oh Twelve in Amsterdam?


1 comment:

  1. First, I see nothing wrong with licking food off an arm...Second, is Graham wearing a toupee? ...Third, you look great and I love the plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete