Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm Trapping a Mouse and Going to a Wedding!

I have clearly been driven slightly mad by the nighttime visits from my arch enemy the mouse. (Note: I have been referring to him by names other than Mickey which are not really appropriate for a blog that my parents read.) Evidence of my madness are my recent google searches which include "How long do mice live" and "How to kill a mouse. Dead. Forever". 

The Creepy News:
  • An adult weighs about 1/2 ounce and is about 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 inches long, including the 3 to 4 inch tail.
  • They are excellent climbers and can run up any rough vertical surface.
  • They will run horizontally along wire cables or ropes and can jump up 13 inches from the floor onto a flat surface.
  • They can slip through a crack that a pencil will fit into (sightly larger than 1/4 inch in diameter).
  • Barf. 
The False Information:
  • Mice are occasionally seen during daylight hours.
(My mouse has been surprising me the past few mornings. In daylight. The internet lies.)

The Good(ish) News:

  • The life span of a mouse is about nine to 12 months. So even if he continues to evade traps, poison, and my short fuse, Mickey will hopefully die of natural causes soon. 

Here are the treats I left for Mickey while I'm gone for Spring Break. Apparently Dutch mice prefer all natural peanut butter. 
(Don't worry, I won't post any after shots!)

In completely unrelated news, did I mention that I'm flying home TODAY? For Schmeegy's wedding?! If not for the mouse in my house my life would be kinda perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment