Sunday, October 3, 2010

How I Roll


 On two wheels! I love, love, love riding a bike, who knew? I feel like Phoebe running through the park:

(I probably look like her too!)

 I've been riding to and from school the past couple of weeks, trying to enjoy the beautiful, sunny weather while it lasts. My 30 minute ride takes me past boathouses, a swan pond and through the forest (and a sea of swirly, twirly gumdrops!). It's a very peaceful way to start and end my day.

I'm not quick enough with my bell, can't ride without hands, nor can I ride while holding an umbrella/texting on my phone/walking a dog/balancing 3-5 children on the front and back - the true indicators of Dutchness. I'm also constantly being passed by elderly women and small children. But I'm still having a really good time.

*I rode home in the rain for the first time today, one handed while holding my umbrella. I totally fell off, but only once :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! That is so neat that you can ride your bike to school! I am glad you updated your blog! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG one of my fave Friends episodes. I love running like Phoebe!

    P.S. Lovin the leisure bike.

    ReplyDelete