Sunday, March 27, 2011

Kelly Will Be So Proud of Me!

I got myself a museum card:

And WENT TO A MUSEUM!!! For those of you keeping track at home, that would be the first museum I've gone to since moving here. 7 months ago. In my defense, I'm expecting lots of visitors this summer (woohoo!), and figured I'd be doing a lot of the museums then. (Kelly is rolling her eyes as she reads this!)

So I spent a lovely Sunday afternoon at the  Stedelijk Museum of Modern Art.


A Dutch poem about poetry on the wall:

And its English translation:
  
A wall of posters from different shows at the museum:

I'm trying hard to be cultured, but sometimes I just don't get modern art. 
Bent pieces of metal scattered about a room: 

 I did enjoy this chair exhibit though:

And this fancy radiator:

Hmmmm.....

  The fluorescent lit main hall:

A double looping projector, which brought me back to my elementary school days:

There were lots of amazing black and white photographs, but this one was my favorite:

In honor of Rory Roo who was celebrating her 2nd birthday party :)

 I kind of like this museum thing. Maybe I'll even go to another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment